Thanks to a partnership with the Angels Baseball Foundation and Orange County Advancement Via Individual Determination, six middle school AVID students who earned the honorable title of “Angels Scholars” were recognized at Monday’s Angels baseball game and walked away with a $10,000 college scholarship and a Toshiba laptop.
The Angel Scholars were first named at the AVID 8th Grade Standout Ceremony held at Angel Stadium in May. Students are annually selected based on academic excellence, community service and financial need.
This year, the Angels Baseball Foundation gave all 46 eighth grade AVID “standout” students a Toshiba laptop computer in addition to a medallion and an Angels baseball cap.
- Andrea Cervantes, Kraemer Middle, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Filiberto Flores, Willard Intermediate, Santa Ana Unified School District
- Jacob Ford, Alamitos Intermediate, Garden Grove Unified School District
- Evelyn Ortiz, Hilton D. Bell Intermediate, Garden Gove Unified School District
- Alayjia Sweet, C.E. Utt Middle, Tustin Unified School District
- Eleazar Ureiro, Valadez Middle School Academy, Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District
And to learn more about Orange County AVID, click here.