It’s Friday, March 6, and here’s a weekly roundup of Orange County-related education stories you may have missed.
- An emotional week comes to an end for students, faculty and parents at El Dorado High School in Placentia, as they continue to comfort and support one another after the loss of a much-loved teacher.
- Student Hillary Moss from Pioneer Middle School in Tustin was both honored and excited to be quoted in a speech by first lady Michelle Obama from a letter the eighth-grader wrote to the FLOTUS.
- The Orange County Spelling Bee champion for 2015 is 12-year-old Sarika Rau, a seventh-grade student from Sierra Vista Middle School in Irvine.
- Get inspired by the cinematic work of young filmmakers from the Huntington Beach Union High School District as their 42 short films are featured on the big screen at the fifth annual Surf City Student Film Festival tonight.
- And student scientists from Laguna Beach and Laguna Hills high schools presented an update on their grant-funded solar-water purification project as they continue working toward their goal of supplying clean water to a village in Kenya.