Back in April, we helped spread the call for nominations for the Innovation in Education Awards presented by Project Tomorrow and the OC Tech Alliance. Check out our prior post to read more about the awards and the prize breakdown for finalists and winners. The nine finalists who are now in the running for the awards were announced today.
Finalists for this year’s awards are:
Innovative School-wide Program
- Stoddard Elementary School, Anaheim City School District, Stoddard STEAM Academy
- Foothill High School, Tustin Unified School District, Foothill Engineering and Technology (FEAT)
- The Prentice School, Santa Ana, Assistive Technology Tools
High Impact Teacher
- Dwynn Famalette, 10-12th grade science teacher, Aliso Niguel High School, Capistrano Unified School District
- Sharon McCubbin, 3rd grade teacher, Springbrook Elementary, Irvine Unified School District
- Suzy Hardy, 6-8th grade mathematics/technology teacher, St. John’s Episcopal School, Rancho Santa Margarita
Emerging Student Innovator
- Anna Lou, rising junior, Oxford Academy, Anaheim Union High School District
- Ruoxi Michelle Chen, rising senior, Sage Hill School, Newport Coast
- Sean O’Bannon, rising senior, Foothill High School, Tustin Unified School District
Award winners will be announced at the 22nd annual High-Tech Innovation Awards dinner reception on Thursday, Oct. 8 at The Westin South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.