It’s the Friday before Halloween, so we have a treat for you — a roundup of the top education stories you may have missed this week:
- Orange County’s top educators were honored at the Orange County Teachers of the Year awards dinner at the Disneyland Hotel.
- The Aliso Niguel High School basketball team launched its annual Socks From Jocks clothing and food drive to support families in need.
- An after-school program that started in 2012 at the Boys & Girls Club encourages high school students to express their feelings, concerns and ambitions during weekly 90-minute sessions.
- The Los Alamitos Unified School District received a $30,000 donation from the Los Alamitos Education Foundation for its elementary schools’ media centers and STEAM programs.
- The Orange County Department of Education welcomed local educators, businesses and community partners to its first-ever OCDE Services Showcase.
- Community members, students and teachers from Laguna Beach raised more than $10,000 for their local schools at the annual costumed-dodgeball tournament.