The OCDE weekly roundup is ready to help you catch up on Orange County education news:
- The 2016 Solar Cup, a seven-month after-school program and event, featured a flotilla of student-built solar-powered boats.
- Six Peer Assistance Leadership programs and advisors received awards for innovative practices that engage and empower students.
- Students from Edison High in Huntington Beach performed and displayed an array of different projects specific to the culture of a chosen country in a school-wide competition.
- Students from schools all over Orange County united for an educational beach clean-up that offered lessons on the consequences of polluting the world’s oceans.
- Serrano Intermediate School in Lake Forest produced award-winning science projects in a competition aimed at solving problems within communities.
- A teacher who consistently educates students about the value of good deeds celebrated 40 years of service to the Orange Unified School District.