We’ve got a one-stop-shop for all the top Orange County education stories this week. Take a look:
- Three campuses in Orange County were among 329 schools in the United States named as 2016 National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- Students from a half-dozen high schools in Irvine are working together to send an operational satellite into orbit.
- Two cousins who established Aliso Niguel High School’s Second Harvest Food Club fielded questions from the Orange County Register after their club was honored at the Laguna Niguel City Council meeting.
- Local schools have been offering healthier meals in response to changing dietary guidelines, according to the Orange County Register, which surveyed a handful of campus kitchens.
- A science teacher at Edison High School in Huntington Beach has borrowed rare NASA space rocks to use in classroom lessons.
- Saddleback College in Mission Viejo dedicated a new, state-of-the-art Sciences Building featuring the kinds of instructional spaces typically found at large universities.