It’s Friday, June 5, and as kids begin the countdown to summer vacation, we bring you another batch of education-related news stories from this past week.
- California’s water board awarded $30 million in grant money to 32 agencies to carry out water conservation projects, including over $5 million to four Orange County school districts.
- The Cypress School District will welcome its new superintendent, Anne Silavs, effective July 1.
- Competitive squads have much to cheer about as the state Assembly approves a bill designating high school cheerleading as an official sport in California high schools.
- The College Board has partnered with Khan Academy to offer free online SAT test-prep materials to all students.
- Two Friday Night Live chapters and one advisor were honored for their outstanding efforts to promote youth development and carry out prevention projects in their schools and communities.