It’s Friday, Nov. 6, and here are you a handful of education headlines for your reading pleasure.
- Students at Hope View Elementary School in Huntington Beach experienced real-word learning courtesy of a visit by the Mobile Dairy Classroom and Coco — a Swiss dairy cow.
- Laguna Beach High School’s Advanced Chemical Research program is providing a venue for students to put classroom learning to the test inside a laboratory.
- The State Board of Education has selected K-8 instructional materials aligned to the new framework for English learners.
- Students at Santa Ana’s Middle College High School, which recently earned a Blue Ribbon, can simultaneously earn a diploma and a college degree — an education model proving its worth throughout the country.
- In honor of Red Ribbon Week, students at El Dorado High School in Placentia staged an original anti-drug show for their elementary counterparts.
- The Capistrano Unified School District hosted a college fair with recruiters representing campuses across the country.