It’s Friday, June 26, and here are a few education stories from this past week:
- California has a new spending plan for 2015-16, and the OCDE Newsroom has four key takeaways for local schools and districts.
- Citing an error in the printed directions, the College Board has offered a free retake of the SAT exam on Oct. 3 for the approximately 487,000 students who took the test on June 6.
- Educational leaders in California remain united in support of the state’s academic standards through a “sensible, gradual and collaborative” approach.
- The Mater Dei High School community continues to mourn and remember Spencer Becker, 17, who died after a crash in Newport Beach.
- An expected 20,000 teachers will lead and attend the “Better Together: California Teacher Summit” on July 31 to learn about and share best practices for teaching California’s academic standards. The event will be offered at no cost to teachers.