It’s Friday, June 12, and here’s a recap of local education news stories from this past week.
- Over 700 students from Santa Ana schools were eligible to enter a perfect attendance raffle – and one lucky winner walked away with a new car.
- Governor Jerry Brown is proposing an additional $6.1 billion for schools, bringing the total funding to $53.1 billion.
- Sunburst Youth Academy changes the lives of troubled youth through a combination of mentoring and high expectations.
- A middle school robotics team from Costa Mesa has coded its way to a Southern California championship.
- With summer fast approaching, parents and students can take steps to combat summer learning loss.
- Looking for something fun and educational to do this summer? Visit the newly expanded Discovery Cube in Santa Ana, featuring hands-on exhibits aimed at making science both fun and relevant.