Cox Communications is once again inviting the next generation of high school seniors who demonstrate a passion for learning and a desire to pursue a higher education to apply for college scholarships.
Scholarships range from $2,000 to $5,000 and recipients will be chosen based on their scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, volunteerism and staying focused on their educational goals despite facing adversity in their lives, Cox said in a recent press release.
“We know that now more than ever, students in our community are working hard to achieve their educational dreams amid new learning circumstances due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Chanelle Hawken, vice president of government and public affairs for Cox Communications in California.
As the employee funding arm for Cox Communications, Cox Charities has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships for students — including dozens of students from Orange County.
To be eligible for scholarship consideration, students must be:
- Pursuing a career in a STEM related field
- A high school senior in Southern California who lives in a Cox service area
- Enrolling full-time at an accredited two- or four-year university within the U.S.
- Maintaining a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Actively involved in extracurricular activities, community service or work experience
- Demonstrating financial need
- A United States citizens or permanent resident
Applications are now open, and the deadline to complete and submit online is Friday, Feb. 3.
Additional information on how to apply can be found at www.CoxCharitiesCA.org.