It’s Friday, Oct. 16, and we’ve got a handful of education headlines you may have missed.
- A touching video of a public invitation to the homecoming dance by an Anaheim student unexpectedly goes viral.
- Enrollment in Tustin Unified’s new online school rises as students’ lives and situations vary.
- A Garden Grove teacher will run the Chicago Marathon in hopes of inspiring others with physical disabilities.
- Local students took part in a rally aimed to promote bullying awareness as part of a national effort.
- A number of Orange County families gave their cars the morning off and took to the sidewalks in celebration of Walk to School Day.
- Excited runners from all age groups are gearing up for the 25th annual Dino Dash, which will raise money for Tustin schools – and close a few streets – on Nov. 1.
- Capistrano Unified School District students will start the next school year on Aug. 15, one week earlier than this year
- A music teacher from Northwood High School in Irvine has been honored as a semi-finalist for the Music Educator Award presented by the Grammy Foundation and The Recording Academy.