It’s Friday, so let’s ready the roundup! Check out what’s happening in education news:
- Four elementary schools performed on the Segerstrom Center for the Arts stage as part of the Disney Musicals in Schools program.
- Jason Viloria, a former Irvine principal who has spent the last three years as an administrator in northern San Diego County, has been named the new superintendent of the Laguna Beach Unified School District, effective July 1.
- Ten Orange County students were recognized as “whiz kids” by the Orange County Register for their efforts to better society through philanthropic work.
- The Orange Unified School District website now offers a new facilities plan tab, giving visitors important information on facility upgrades.
- The Brea Olinda girls basketball team brought home the school’s 10th state championship, beating St. Francis of Sacramento, 64-51, at Sleep Train Arena.
- Sunset Lane Elementary School in Fullerton will take a walk down memory lane on April 13, celebrating 50 years since its opening in 1965.
- OCDE Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services Christine Olmstead received a CUE award for demonstrating extraordinary commitment, leadership, courage and persistence in improving digital learning opportunities for students.