Welcome to the official groundbreaking for Mendez Tribute Memorial Park, brought to you by the City of Westminster and the Orange County Department of Education.
While this was originally intended to be an in-person ceremony, 2020 had other ideas. But this virtual event, which has been translated into three languages, will allow communities from all across the country to be part of the celebration.
Click on the video above to hear from county leaders and community members as they share their thoughts on the project and the landmark civil rights case of Mendez v. Westminster, which started right here in Orange County and ultimately led to the desegregation of California’s public schools.
- Mijares: Join us as we break ground on new park commemorating Mendez v. Westminster
- OCDE and City of Westminster to host virtual groundbreaking for Mendez park
- Park honoring Mendez v. Westminster case awarded $1.29 million state grant
- OCDE, city of Westminster to partner on curriculum for historic Mendez trail and monument
- The Deeper Learning Podcast | The story of Mendez v. Westminster